Technical Author (Engineering)
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Technical Author (Engineering).
The main purpose of your role is to carry out the writing and creating of task driven production process documentation and technical instructional manuals for all our vehicle conversions. These will include all necessary detailed assembly drawings and electrical wiring diagrams to provide our production teams with a standardised set of work instructions.
* To produce production process documentation and work instructions written clearly with photographs and schematics as required to convey information in a clear, precise and easy to understand manner.
* To regularly review existing documentation against current Production requirements and take any remedial action as may be required.
* To develop a corporate look and standard across all technical documents within the company.
* To review the file structure for the electronic storage of technical documents so they can be easily accessed in a logical way.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need experience of the creation and development of technical instruction manuals and experience of working in an engineering / automotive environment.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of the following:
* Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
* Demonstrate relevant experience and industry-specific knowledge in a similar position
* Computer literate, high level of competence with Microsoft Office suite, and Adobe Products
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 04/03/2021
Posted 1 week ago