JOB TITLE - STRATEGIC INSIGHTS LEAD
LOCATION - REMOTE WORKING (WARWICK)
DURATION - 6 MONTHS
We are experiencing an unprecedented amount of change in the energy sector and this team is at the forefront in shaping the debate in our company. The Insights team has the vision of framing, directing, and interpreting world class analysis to inform and influence the business and industry as we shape the energy debate.
The main purpose of this role is to lead parts of two projects we are just starting, strategically framing energy analysis, working closely with stakeholders and developing thought leadership for external publication. The role may also support the work of the wider team to provide insight into changes affecting the future energy system that inform strategy development, decision making and lead the debate internally and externally.
- Lead workstreams within two projects, being responsible for structuring and project managing the work, managing their own time, providing regular progress updates and delivering work of the required quality to meet deadlines
- Manage interactions with a broad range of stakeholders. Support the identification and prioritisation of new stakeholders to engage. Represent the company when communicating with these stakeholders, keeping clear records of interactions including through our CRM system.
- Maintain effective professional working relationships with key stakeholders whose interests may not fully align with our own
- Work collaboratively with other members of the ESO Strategy team, as well as ESO Energy Analysis, ESO Corporate Affairs, Gas Transmission system operation teams and other teams in the ESO
- Frame analysis received from internal and external stakeholders to deliver evidence based strategic thinking on gas and electricity
- Occasionally use their own knowledge of the gas and electricity systems to build upon the analysis of others with their own further analysis.
- Produce clear, concise short reports and slide packs explaining the findings of the project. Ensure that messages are relevant, communicated clearly, in a timely manner and targeted at the right audience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of the energy industry or a similarly heavily regulated industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to consider strategic frameworks and concepts, and how changes to these will drive real world impact
- Ability to take quantitative and qualitative information and convert it into insights and analysis
- Experience of communicating with, and influencing, internal and external stakeholders at a range of levels
- Experience across gas and electricity markets, with detailed understanding in at least one, and an understanding of policy issues facing the industry
- Ability to work with a wide range of people to drive forward delivery
- Project management and planning skills to ensure a forward timetable for thought pieces and that deadlines are met whilst ensuring high quality.
- Ability to translate complex information into easily understandable messaging, in both reports and presentations
- An inquisitive mind with the ability to join the dots
**Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer**