Spring Technology are working in close partnership with one of the worlds leading retail organisations to source 2 exceptional Network Engineers (1 lead), to work on high profile network solutions across their UK wide locations. These roles are both based in Birmingham.
Your main responsibility as part of the network team is to maintain the network infrastructure (Cisco) across the group's locations across the globe. You will need to be willing to travel at short notice and support disparate technology problems and issues whilst maintain strong governance and management of circuits
For the lead role your main responsibility will be to design develop and maintain functional and secure networks. You will mentor a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize networks for our users. In this role, you should have excellent problem solving skills and a strong knowledge of network administration, network protection and data protection to support the global networking platform in the business, helping develop a network for the future of the business. Resolving issues that have been escalated.
* Managing and supporting the server and end user switch environment, principally Cisco technologies
* Supporting and managing WatchGuard, Juniper, Fortinet & Cisco Firewalls & Sandboxing Management of Logon Management / TACAS, Cisco / Fortinet / Motorola Wireless, configuration and support of a CISCO CUCM, VGW's CUCM Express and emergency responder
* SIEM tools, AlientVault networking threat analysis systems, IDS / IPS Systems and Triggers, Solarwinds, PRTG Network systems
* Group's MPLS, Internet and DMZ's, Large estate, 3000+ deployed stores, VPN solutions vulnerability management
* Cisco / Tandberg Video Conference Equipment and Cisco TPM, Copper and Fibre Channel Networks Maintenance of Site Database, connections and site information
* Maintaining PCI & SOX compliance across the group Pro-actively seek to improve efficiencies in all operational areas
For the lead role there will be an element of being able to design and deploy networks using the above technologies.
Ideally you would be certified in one or more of the following:
*CCNA, VCP, VCIP, ITIL, CISSP, CISM, MCSE
*Project management Methodologies and tools
Apply now to be considered for one of these 2 Network Engineering roles!!
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement